Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours

iPOD This!

I realize this is an incongruous title, but after spending some hours researching website design and eye-tracking statistics, I’m learning that the key to a good webpage, and invariably a good blog, is a good title and sub-heading.

So, in light of the fact I didn’t publish my favourite music from last year (not out of effort, but out of the sheer inability to remember everything I really liked this year, er, last year), I’ve decided to publish what I’m listening to and liking as I go for this year. That way, come this same time next January, I can recall all the audible delights.

So here goes:

Tim Hecker – Harmony in Ultraviolet

Droooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat iiiiisssssssss gooooooooooooood.

Converge – No Heroes

Somewhere between Noise, hardcore and metal sits Converge. I haven’t anything that delicately plays the balance between catchy and anarchy quite like this record, or their previous records actually.

The Golden Dogs – Big Eye Little Eye

Sort of in the same vein as Hold Steady with piano/guitar boogie rock with some decent lyrics. Not especially special, but still enjoyable.

Misery Signals - Mirros

A DNA splicing of hardcore and metal. It sounds like it would suck, but honestly, this record kicks my ass. Love it.

Insomnium – Above the Weaping World

Like Agalloch, it’s metal with a touch of class. Melodic, yet punishing. Like a fine bottle of Baby Duck drunk from a brown paper bag behind a convenience store.

No comments: